The Living Heritage Project addresses the challenges facing The Bar Convent by
improving access and visitor facilities, and transforming the presentation of The Bar
Convent's heritage into an interactive, inspirational, memorable experience.
It will make The Bar Convent into a place of welcome and hospitality fit for the 21st century: equipped to share its heritage, stories, values and treasures with the widest audience.
The Living Heritage Project will enable The Bar Convent to increase its visitor numbers, build new
audiences and sustain it's work for future generations.
The Living Heritage Project is a £2m capital scheme which will :
- Create a new, state-of-the-art two floor exhibition presenting The Bar
Convent's remarkable history and collections
- Provide access around The Bar Convent for visitors with limited mobility,
extending access to the Chapel
- Create facilities for groups and for visitors with disabilities
- Redevelop the visitor areas to improve awareness and understanding of the lives and work of the resident Community
- Improve visitor reception, orientation and signage
See the plans and visuals. (PDF 4 mb)
'I feel part of this visitor attraction. A powerhouse of prayer - what a privilege to visit'
(Visitor, September 2012)
|Will you support The Living
Every donation is vital and makes a real contribution to the fulfilment of this important project.Donate now or Find out more
Fundraising Update: £1.7m raised to date
26th June 2015
As we enter the ‘countdown’ of just 3 months to go until the Living Heritage Project comes to life onsite, […]
Work Starts Onsite
8th April 2015
Work starts onsite at the beginning of April, to begin the Living Heritage Project improvements, so there will be some […]